RSS

Sabbath Number Five - through the lens of photography



Created with flickr slideshow.

In my journey of discovering the beauty of Sabbath, a rejuvenating experience in creativity has occurred. Throughout the last few months, I have attempted to capture Sabbath through the eyes of a photographer. It has also led me to a new confidence and affirmation that I am a photographer, an artist. Matthew Fox writes “when we consider creativity, we are considering the most elemental and innermost and deeply spirited aspects of our beings.” To allow creativity has been challenging with the weight of the world, yet with the elements of Sabbath the imagination seems endless. It is a day for everything else to rest and limitless creativity to consume our souls. For me, Sabbath and art allows me to honor the child within and to connect with God in a way that is almost beyond words. That is why I love photography…capturing something without the obligations of words. Here are some photos I have taken and that demonstrate a few characteristics of Sabbath for me…enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment